Aggregator moment again ...
The online magazine The Daily Beast reaches out via email to Beer-Stained Letter with a link to their post on "The 50 Most Fattening Beers."
Here's what they say are the tops for straining the belt and some others that are a little friendlier (the list doesn't mine the craft vein all that much, but The Beast does say they pulled from the big domestics; and alas, their yardstick was most calories and carbs for least amount of alcohol content).
- Boulevard Brewing's Unfiltered Wheat Beer (155 calories, 35 carbs and 4.4% alcohol)
- Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss (207 calories, 28 carbs, 4.8% alcohol)
- Grolsch Blonde Lager (120 calories, 15.8 carbs, 2.8% alcohol)
- Schaefer (142 calories, 12 carbs, 4.6% alcohol)
- Guinness (125 calories, 10 carbs, 4% alcohol)
- Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale (180 calories, 14.7 carbs, 5.8% alcohol)